Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ten RPGs I'd Like to Be Playing...

I'm having lots of fun playing in some Old School D&D games and running a few sessions of Spirit of the Century (Flash Gordon-flavored), but here are a few more games I'd like to add to the rotation...

1. The Burning Wheel - One of my all-time favorites! I don't get to play it nearly enough as I'd like.

2. Sorcerer - Ditto!

3. Agon - I've wanted to play this for a while now - the competitive aspect is really appealing.

4. 3:16 - I feel guilty that I haven't played this yet.

5. Spione - Not really an RPG, but close enough for the purposes of this blog post. I haven't played this since it was actually published (and the playtest version I used has been changed significantly, I believe).

6. D&D: Carcosa - I'm not quite sure what I would do with this - probably try to run the introductory adventure in the new issue of Fight On!

7. In a Wicked Age - This looks very, very neat, and its quick start/no prep nature makes it more attractive an option than most of the other games on this list.

8. Some Jeepform stuff - This is probably the "least likely to be actually played" of all the entries on the list, but I'm really interested in giving this a try.

9. Dirty Secrets - I love, love, love crime fiction, and this game actually looks like it delivers.

10. D&D 4th Edition - I go back and forth on this: right now though it is very tempting!

No comments: